Date: 8/3/22 7:46 am
From: Ragupathy Kannan <0000013b0ad14faf-dmarc-request...>
Subject: River Valley birding 2 August
Joe and I had one final "Vivek fix" before he left for Indiana by scouting Frog Bayou, Alma, and Kibler bottoms yesterday. Highlights of the hot and humid morning include:
A Western Kingbird in Kibler area interacting so closely with a Scissor-tail that we first thought it was a hybrid. A Stilt Sandpiper in Arnold Road. If it was the same bird seen 23 July, it has molted off its rusty cheeks.Upland and Buff-breasted Sandpipers in the sod fields and surrounding areas.A Black Tern in the Arkansas River, seen thanks to "Carolyn", my new scope named after its wonderful former owner.An immature Yellow-crowned Night-heron at the bayou.4 Swainson's Hawks kettling with vultures.
We ended with 77 species in 4 hours.
KannanFt. Smith

or click the following link: