Date: 8/2/22 6:46 pm
From: plm108 <plm108...>
Subject: Re: REDDISH EGRET on Lake Columbia (Columbia County)
This is the original eBird checklist with the Reddish Egret. They have added their distant photos. https://ebird.org/checklist/S116220192Patty McLean
-------- Original message --------From: Jeremy Cohen <jeremy3cohen...> Date: 8/2/22 8:35 PM (GMT-06:00) To: plm108 <plm108...> Subject: Re: REDDISH EGRET on Lake Columbia (Columbia County) Can you send the checklist? Thanks!On Tue, Aug 2, 2022, 8:33 PM plm108 <plm108...> wrote:Several folks including me, Michael and Jeremy Chamberlain searched for the Reddish Egret late this afternoon with no luck. But we were lucky to meet Drew Harvey and Katheryn Watson, the couple who found the egret this morning. We saw their digiscoped photos of the bird and encouraged them to drop it into their eBird report. Drew is a biologist working at Logoly State Park and Katheryn is a wildlife professor ar SAU. They recently moved to Arkansas from Texas and are welcome newcomers to our birding community. The specific area where they saw the Reddish Egret (which, when confirmed, will be a first state record) is across the highway from the Northeast end of the lake. This area is swampy and shallow. There's a parking area there, south of the bridge. We plan to look again in the morning before returning to Conway and will report if we relocate the bird.Patty McLean -------- Original message --------From: plm108 <plm108...> Date: 8/2/22 2:59 PM (GMT-06:00) To: <ARBIRD-L...> Subject: REDDISH EGRET Someone (birder from Texas) has posted a REDDISH EGRET at Lake Columbia. No photo but description is solid. Anyone down that way who can check it out? We're planning to go down but will take us 3 hours to get there.Patty McLean and Michael Linz The Roadrunners of Faulkner and White Counties

To unsubscribe from the ARBIRD-L list, click the following link:

or click the following link: