Date: 8/1/22 8:07 am
From: Cin and Bill Kobak via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] RT Hummingbird Dynamics
Our hummingbird feeders continue to be busy, but the dynamics have changed.
New visitors: A more aggressive adult male has claimed one feeder, while a
juvenile male (with a patch of red feathers in the center of his throat) has
claimed the other. The juvenile sits on the hook above the feeder for long
periods and even preens while sitting on the feeder. We had to put out a
third feeder in another part of the yard for the 3 or 4 females that are
regular visitors. They also visit our deck plants, bee balm and cardinal
flowers.

Photos of juv. male at https://ebird.org/checklist/S116151690

Cindi Kobak

Guilford