Date: 7/31/22 10:56 pm
From: Paul Skrade <skradepa...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Summer data submission (not a sighting)
Hello All!

We've now officially wrapped up the summer field season (June and July) and
it's been an interesting one with the first and second Limpkin records for
the state, the continuing spread of Black-bellied Whistling-Ducks, not to
mention a photographed Snowy Owl!

If you do not submit your sightings through eBird please consider sending
them in to the Iowa Ornithologists' Union directly at
https://iowabirds.org/Birds/Reporting.aspx

BUT you don't need to submit everything! For the field report in Iowa Bird
Life we are really interested in uncommon or out-of-season birds, birds
that are not typical for that part of the state, and unusually high counts.
Some good resources to check these can be found here:

https://iowabirdrecords.org/ReviewList.aspx
https://iowabirds.org/Birds/EarlyLate.aspx

Review list species require documentation to the Records Committee (I just
submitted my Limpkin report a little bit ago) so please submit those as
well.

Thank you to everyone that has contributed data in the past!

Good birding,

Paul Skrade
Decorah, Winneshiek