Date: 7/30/22 1:45 pm
From: Scott Loss <scottrloss...>
Subject: Payne County - Cinnamon Teal, Yellow-bellied Flycatcher and other fall migrants
I took advantage of the cool weather today and birded all around the
Stillwater area in Payne County.

There were lots of early migrants out there including some rarities - my
best sightings were a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher along the Cimarron River at
Hackelman Rd, and a Cinnamon Teal (male nonbreeding plumage) at the Cushing
Water Treatment Plant. The teal sighting seems especially notable as there
appear to be very few Oklahoma records east of I-35 outside of spring.

Also uncommon for Payne County in July were a Hooded Merganser at Cushing,
a singing Alder Flycatcher at the OSU botanical garden, and a Swainson's
Hawk along 68th st just west of the Cimmaron River.

Photos of the Yellow-bellied Flycatcher can be found in this eBird
checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S116019131

And a photo of the Cinnamon Teal can be found at:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S116027331

Scott Loss
Stillwater

Join us on Facebook!