Date: 7/30/22 12:32 pm
From: GLEN M CUMMINGS via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Re: Cockonoe Tern Colony
Thank to both Chris and Bianca for their posts. Growing up on Saugatuck Shores from 1954 till the early 70’s, I remember going out to Cockonoe Island via a small 8 foot pram and also sailing out there doing overnights too. I really don’t remember there ever being a Tern colony there but sure do remember that there was a very active colony out beyond Pecks Light on Goose Island.

Did the colony on Goose Island move over to Cockonoe Island at some point in these later years?

Glen Cummings Hamden CT