Date: 7/30/22 12:05 pm
From: Bianca Beland via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Re: Cockonoe Tern Colony
Hi All,

I’ve mentioned the loss of island habitat situation to folks at work (DEEP
Land and Water Resources Division). I had thoughts that perhaps dredging
projects in the area (with suitable sediment chemistry and size) could
supplement the areas losing material to rising tides and erosion. There
*may* be funding to conduct such restoration work on the island. However
the project would need a managing authority. Please contact me at
<bianca.beland...> if this is something you have the capacity and
interest to manage as a project through a non profit like Audubon or
municipal type position.

Thanks to Chris Wood and others for bringing to light the history and
current status of the colony at Cockonoe!

Bianca