Date: 7/28/22 2:04 pm
From: Ruth Rowe <ruth.rowe...>
Subject: Re: Bald Knob NWR Shorebirds and Waders
So excited for the rains!! We just got an excellent downpour here in NLR.

Where is everyone seeing the black-crowned night heron contingent? We live
far enough away that we don't get too long to explore BK when we're
there... and have only seen yellow-crowneds thus far. Would love to see the
black crowneds!

Ruth and Jake

On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 2:14 PM plm108 <plm108...> wrote:

> The refuge has some good feeding areas for us birders to look for
> migrants. Michael and I went this morning after the rain and noticed a big
> uptick in shorebirds and waders. Nothing super rare but still fun to see,
> particularly...
>
> 100+ Black-necked Stilt
> 12 Stilt Sandpipers
> 1 Wilson's Phalarope
> 3 Western Sandpiper
> 1-2 Semipalmated Sandpiper
> Many Long and Short-billed Dowitchers, Lesser and Greater Yellowlegs,
> Pectoral and Least Sandpipers and Killdeer
>
> 2 White Ibis (juveniles)
> Many Great Blue, Great, Little Blue and Snowy Egrets/Herons
>
> 4 handsome Black Tern
>
> 2 Bank Swallow
>
> 8-9 Black-crowned Night-heron
>
> Things should pick up even more after the rains. Hope you get a chance to
> go over the upcoming days/weeks.
>
> Patty McLean and Michael Linz
> The Roadrunners of White and Faulkner Counties

or click the following link: