Date: 7/28/22 1:20 pm
From: BRAD Liljequist <bradliljequist...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Manx Shearwater book recommendation + BC nesting?
Hi Tweeters,

I highly recommend Roger Morgan-Grenville's Shearwater, a personal account and memoir of his investigations of the Manx Shearwater. Bought it at Phinney Books. I could not recommend it more highly - very readable, moving, well written, vulnerable. Terrific summer book - best in many years.

He very briefly mentions in passing the possibility of the Manx Shearwater nesting in BC/Alaska...don't know exactly what that is based on - but he has been interacting with academic experts on the bird, so who knows.

Now I want to see a Manxie here!!! Did see tons of them in the Minch a decade ago, they are neat birds!

Brad Liljequist
Phinney Ridge
Seattled