Date: 7/28/22 8:03 am
From: Margy Terpstra <ladybirdterp...>
Subject: Re: Charlene Malone
Connie,

Thank you for letting us all know. It’s sad news to hear and our deepest sympathies go out to Jim and their family.

Charlene was indeed “all about birds.” I took a Birding by Ear class given by her many moons ago, maybe 1998? I learned so much from her and through the years we shared our deep concerns about the pressure on birds from over-zealous birders and photographers. The birds came first for her, and we connected on that point and the ethics surrounding their needs. She was a friend to many birders, but I saw her as a spokesperson for the birds. May you rest In Peace, Charlene, surrounded by winged spirits.

Margy (& Dan) Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis County, MO
<ladybirdterp...> <mailto:<ladybirdterp...>
https://hummerhavenunltd.com <https://hummerhavenunltd.com/>