Date: 7/27/22 12:32 pm
From: Sandy Smith via groups.io <yetanothersmith...>
Subject: Re: [OrangeCountyBirding] Brood parasitism
Yes, we saw that as well while doing a survey at Pond 1. I’d heard these birds were in the area, and they proved very easy to find because the BHCO chick was begging so loudly. I definitely saw the female COYE being pursued by the BHCO chick, and *thought* I saw a second COYE following her around (never got a good view), so I wonder if the nest produced chicks of each species?

Sandy Smith, Newport Beach