Date: 7/26/22 2:35 pm
From: Doug & Nina Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] Limpkin question - not sighting
I'm no snail expert, but to my knowledge no apple snails have yet invaded
Iowa. I'm attaching a cropped photo I took of the Limpkin at Little Storm
Lake on Saturday, with a snail in its beak. That definitely does not look
like an apple snail. I'm not sure what species it might be, but it kind of
looks like some type of river or freshwater pond snails I've seen in the
past. But I'm a birder, not a "snailer".

Doug Harr