Date: 7/26/22 10:48 am
From: Ellynne Rey via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Stilt Sandpiper at Harkness 7/25 1 pm
Sorry for the late reporting, but I thought it was a Yellowlegs (thanks go
to Aidan Kiley for ID’ing the bird from a not great far away highly cropped
photo I posted). I stopped at Harkness for a first time visit on my way
back home to CT from out of state just before the short
downpour/thunderstorms came through. I saw a bunch of peeps feeding in the
shallows on a spit of sand and there was the larger bird behind that.

If the Stilt Sandpiper is still hanging around it was to the right if you
were facing out towards the water near the parking area in the shallows
between the Niering Preserve paths and the shore. There was a footbridge
you could see (not accessible to the public) with lots of Cormorants and
egrets on the far side. Lots of Common & Least Terns, too.

Ellynne Rey
(<Ellynnerey...>)
Stamford