Date: 7/25/22 4:11 pm
From: Ian MacGregor <00000489141846bd-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Swallow-tailed Kite
No. It was actual heading was a little bit north of due east, 98 degrees. It also held its wings in a slightly arched position vs. the very flat wing position of a Mississippi. Of course that maybe something it was doing at that time

It was pure luck I saw it at all.
Ian MacGregor. Benton

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 6:02 PM, Carol Joan Patterson <joanie.patterson...> wrote:

> How thrilling! Have you seen it since?
>
> On Monday, July 25, 2022 at 05:54:47 PM CDT, Ian MacGregor <00000489141846bd-dmarc-request...> wrote:
>
> I just had, about 15 minutes ago, a swallow-tailed Kite overfly my house. It was headed east and gliding at a good speed. I had no binoculars as I was weeding at the time. At first I thought it was going to be one of the Mississippi, but it was larger , white-bodied with a deeply forks tail. The tail was party opened, The tail was black. Most of the wings were black ad well. I only saw for a minute as it passed overhead so as more detailed description I cannot. gave you. I wanted to get this out.
>
> I live on Holcombe Ln in Bella Vista. Nova . Perhaps the Kite will find Chaucer Drive enticing or it may just keep heading east
>
> Ian MacGregor Benton

or click the following link: