Date: 7/25/22 1:44 pm
From: Jake Kirkland <kirklandj...>
Subject: Re: Lake Hefner
Thanks to Matt's tip, I jumped up to Lake Hefner quickly for a late lunch.
Of note, construction has changed since my last visit. The inlet is no
longer accessible from the south, and you have to come in from the
northeast side via Britton and Prairie Dog point. There is a lot more
shoreline on the lake right now. We need some rain.

The 11 Ibis continued. I also had a little blue heron, DCCO, and a couple
more AW pelicans. The heat waves were distorting at the moderate distance
out and 103F temps, so getting white-faced over glossy for every bird was a
bit tough for me. Of course, white-faced is much likelier, and Matt knows
what he is talking about, so I am not doubting WFIB.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S115749918

Jake Kirkland
OKC

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 2:01 PM Matthew Jung <mpjung5125...> wrote:

> At the Inlet a sand bar has developed and it held a nice assortment of
> Birds:
>
> White-faced Ibis, I counted 11
> One Caspian Tern
> small flock of Least Sandpipers