Date: 7/25/22 9:10 am
From: Jean Ellen Whatley <jeanellenwhatley...>
Subject: Oak Titmouse
Hi All,

Anybody ever seen an Oak Titmouse here in the STL vicinity? I was biking on
Grant's Trail between Pardee Rd. and Watson and saw a small, chubby bird,
with a tufted crest, with a large eye, like a Tufted Titmouse, except this
bird was mostly brownish-gray all over.

It was hopping around in the grass. Didn't have the chance to hear any bird
call.

It seems unlikely it was an Oak Titmouse according to my guides. Anybody
want to venture a guess as to what it was?

Thanks,
Jean Whatley
Webster Groves