Date: 7/24/22 12:41 pm
From: Candace H <candace69001...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Limpkin-Little Storm Lake still visible Sun afternoon
The Limpkin was moving in and out of the reeds near the northern end of the
marsh around between 1-2 pm today. Sometimes the bird would come out in
plain sight, but then would stealthily dissolve back into the reeds. I did
get to see it eat 3 snails, whereby it would hammer it with its beak. Many
thanks to Loren and Babs Paddleford from Bellevue, NE & Dr. Mark Welford
for helping me finally find the bird in my scope. It was great to also see
Ann Johnson while I was there. This was a a life bird for me and my Mark-we
had missed seeing the Limpkin near Gretna, NE earlier this morning (we are
driving home from Wyoming) so we made a slight detour off of Hwy 20 to try
for this bird, glad we did.

Candace Havely
Waterloo
Black Hawk County