Date: 7/24/22 6:50 am
From: Ragupathy Kannan <0000013b0ad14faf-dmarc-request...>
Subject: eBird developer moves to Fayetteville
Taylor Long compiled a nice trip report for the Vivek farewell outing: https://ebird.org/tripreport/68641
I take this chance to welcome Taylor back to Arkansas. Taylor has moved to Fayetteville where his roots are. He is one of the front-end developers of eBird for Cornell Lab of Ornithology. For more on Taylor, see: Taylor Long
At Cornell, Taylor works with Dr. Amanda Rodewald, my former grad school buddy in UA. His mom DeDe helped us develop our study abroad Belize course, when she was running the Office of Study Abroad and International Exchange in UA until she retired recently.

| | |

| |
Taylor Long

As a UI designer, I shape the development of new eBird features in their earliest design phases, working with de...

On Saturday, 23 July, 2022 at 07:01:25 pm GMT-5, Joseph Neal <joeneal...> wrote:

#yiv0702499232 P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}
Today was a field trip of fare-the-well and good luck in honor of our friend, Dr Vivek Govind Kumar, who will soon depart UA-Fayetteville for his post-doc position at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana. His choice was Kibler bottoms and the Arkansas River Valley, one of his favorite birding spots during his years here.

Predicted temp 99 F (“feels like” 103). Leader was UA-Fort Smith Dr Ragupathy Kannan, a birding friend of Vivek’s father, also a birder, and the one who championed Vivek’s coming to UA for his PhD.

We tallied over 80 species, including White Ibises (3), a family group of Black-bellied Whistling-Ducks, three tern species (Caspian, Forster’s, Least) on the Arkansas River at Frog Bayou WMA, front end of the southbound shorebird migration (Least Sandpiper, Stilt Sandpiper, Pectoral Sandpiper, Spotted Sandpiper, Solitary Sandpiper, etc), a family group of Lark Sparrows (4), and Upland Sandpipers (2-3) at West-Ark Sod. A very good day of birding, even in the inferno.

As usual, Vivek kept the “official” list submitted to eBird. He has submitted a bunch during his years in Arkansas.

At the end, and before the whole world, us included, caught on fire, we retired to AC, the India Restaurant at Dyer exit, and some welcome Samosas.

To unsubscribe from the ARBIRD-L list, click the following link:

or click the following link: