Date: 7/20/22 9:11 pm
From: Gary Bletsch <garybletsch...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Aufwiedersehen, Skagit!
Dear Tweeters,
Mrs. Bletsch and I have listed our house for sale. Look for it tomorrow on Keller Williams; we're moving to Western New York.
I might be skirting the bounds of propriety by posting a real-estate listing on Tweeters--but there is a connection to birding. The yard list here, over the past 19 years and 11 months, has reached 165 species! That has included Great Egret, Golden Eagle, Broad-winged Hawk, Rough-legged Hawk, Sora, Sandhill Crane, Whimbrel, Caspian Tern, Short-eared Owl, nesting Barn Owls, Black-chinned and Calliope Hummingbird, Lewis's Woodpecker, Dusky Flycatcher, Say's Phoebe, California Scrub Jay, Bohemian Waxwing, Brown Thrasher, Black-throated Sparrow, Brewer's Sparrow, Clay-colored Sparrow, Harris's Sparrow, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Yellow-headed Blackbird, Common Grackle, Pine Grosbeak, Cassin's Finch, and Common Redpoll. Not bad for 1.49 acres halfway between Sedro-Woolley and Concrete.
Somehow, we never did get a Mountain Bluebird or a Mountain Chickadee here. Go figure.
Anyway, I hope that whoever buys the place likes birds!
Thanks to Tweeters for two decades of jolly fun.
Yours truly,
Gary Bletsch