Date: 7/20/22 3:29 pm
From: Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Curlew Sandpiper yes
7/20 Stratford, Stratford Point - I’m passing this along. Paul Fusco reported seeing the CURLEW SANDPIPER about 6:00pm, but that roosting flock of shorebirds flew, and he hasn’t relocated the rarity.
NOTE: this site is open weekdays only, access controlled by an automatic gate that opens about 8:00am (I think), and closes about 5:00pm.
NOTE 2: this is an important shorebird roost site during high tide. Please view from a distance (with scopes), as approaching too close will certainly flush the birds that need to rest during their long 10,000 mile long migration.

Frank Mantlik

Stratford

Sent from my iPhone