Date: 7/20/22 6:34 am
From: Raphael Fennimore <raphael.fennimore...>
Subject: [Tweeters] White SULID in Puget Sound, Wednesday July 20th
Hi Tweeties,

This morning a little before 6am I spotted a white Sulid heading south in Puget Sound from Discovery Park. I was with Alex Meilleur on south beach at the time, and Eric Hope also saw the bird from West Point. We’re confident that it wasn’t a Brown Booby, but we’re still trying to work out the ID from some digiscope videos I took (none of us have experience with Masked Booby, Nazca Booby, or light morph Red-footed).

It was hard to see at a distance (decent shimmer today - visibility not superb), and we lost it as it was heading south towards Alki. Hopefully it is seen by others, and I’m still here, hoping it comes back north!

Good birding!

Raphael Fennimore