Date: 7/19/22 7:36 pm
From: Michael Linz <mplinz...>
Subject: Mexican Violetear
I have seen a lot of speculation about the Violetear in Oklahoma possibly being the one in Arkansas due to the dates.
I took a few minutes and looked at my photos and compared them to pictures posted with ebird list for the Oklahoma bird. I noticed that the Oklahoma bird had a very noticeable white spot behind the left eye. My pictures showed only a small white dot. Also the face pattern on my pictures looked much different that the Oklahoma pictures. This leads me to think they may be different birds.

My question is those that got pictures, if you compare your pictures to the Oklahoma bird do you see the same differences or do the birds look the same to you?

Michael Linz

or click the following link: