Date: 7/19/22 9:30 am
From: WILLIAM R EDDLEMAN <eddlemanw...>
Subject: Re: no sighting - addendum to "number of birdsongs absent or greatly diminished now"
There is a very good reason there isn’t much information about this stage of the life cycle of songbirds. They are darned hard to study! Not only are they silent, but they mostly tend to move to denser cover to avoid predation. The studies that have provided the best information often use radiotelemetry or pit tags.

What little you can find for North American species would be in the species accounts of the Birds of North America series.

——Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau

Sent from my iPhone