Date: 7/18/22 3:59 pm
From: Maureen Thomas-Murphy <drmabuce...>
Subject: River des Peres Greenway (south St Louis City)
Hello all,I've visited the River des Peres Greenway (now an eBird hotspot) the last two days and the "river" looks at good water levels for shorebirds.  Aside from the prevalent killdeer, I saw single semipalmated and spotted sandpipers (from the pedestrian bridge near Morganford).  There are never a lot of shorebirds, so you have to look carefully.  The egrets and herons have started congregating as well and I have had 50 -100 at a time as it gets later in the season.
Maureen Thomas-Murphy
St Louis