Date: 7/18/22 10:27 am
From: Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Re: CURLEW SANDPIPER Stratford
Follow up. Many came to successfully see the Curlew Sandpiper. But a person supposedly affiliated with the park and said parking along street not permitted and that all had to leave.
Here is fact:

It is a public street, but sections are posted " parking by Stratford permit only" and other stretches such as closer to park entrance state "no parking any time". Being a rainy day, it might be permissible to park in the golf course lot in park entrance just past Nikki's restaurant. BUT DONT WALK OUT ON GOLF COURSE. You’ll flush the bird. Walk back out park to view through chainlink fence at small marshy pool opposite 257 Short Beach park. A heavy rain shower just passed through.

Frank Mantlik

Sent from my iPhone