Date: 7/18/22 7:26 am
From: Glenn <000001214b3fcb01-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Rare bird question
There seems to be a number of rare birds in our state lately, especially the limpkins. A few years ago there was a Caracara here, but it seemed to be flying randomly because it was sick. So that got me to thinking. There was a limpkin at Bald Knob NWR Saturday but wasn't seen Sunday.  We are going up there today. What if we spot a carcass of an expired limpkin? Is there a procedure for rare bird bodies?  Is there somebody we notify because they are doing a study on birds that have left their usual area? I surely hope that doesn't happen, but I thought it might be something good to know - just in case.
Glenn Wyatt

or click the following link: