Date: 7/18/22 2:01 am
From: Karen Viste-Sparkman <vistesparrow...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Chichaqua Prairie Warbler
Yesterday a friend and I went to Chichaqua Bottoms Greenbelt (Polk Co.) and
heard the Prairie Warbler that has been there since late May. We were not
able to see it, other than a speck seen briefly flying into a tree. It
seemed to always perch on the other side of the canopy as it moved around
its territory on the other side of the canal. Merlin refused to acknowledge
its existence despite clearly showing the song on the spectrogram.

Also of interest was a female type Blue Grosbeak on the west side of the
Skunk River just west of the Prairie Warbler site, in the Bishop Grasslands
Management Unit.

Karen Viste-Sparkman
Des Moines