Date: 7/16/22 10:32 am
From: Logan Kahle <logan...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Simonds Loop Rose-breasted Grosbeak
While chowing down on a burrito this morning around 9:50 I looked out at my feeders and was stunned to see a female Grosbeak! I didn’t have bins on hand but luckily had my camera and was delighted to find it was a female RoseBeak! It didnt stick long, as a scrub-jay scared the birds off and I haven’t seen it since (granted I only looked for 10ish minutes aftet).

If you decide to look for this bird is was coming to the feeders at 513 Simond's Loop, but may well go to the blackberries and vegetation strip across the road.

Was an extra nice surprise as this was my first ever true vagrant at my feeder! (barring a Red Fox Sparrow 9 years ago…)

This is a quiet neighborhood and please be courteous if you decide to chase. Good luck!

Logan