Date: 7/14/22 9:28 am
From: Fawn Bowden <fawnda10...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Re: Black-bellied Whistling Ducks- West branch
The pair were seen this morning by me from ~ 9:30-10:30, resting on the
south side of the pond amongst some dead weeds on the shore. To get to a
viewing areas of the ponds, head north on 4th St., then turn left on Reagan
Blvd. You can turn right at Lincoln St. and follow it left to the pond or
turn right on either of the "new" roads that also turn right off of
Reagan. This is a trailer court neighborhood (private property), so be
mindful of that. I was able to see the ducks by stepping out of my car and
staying up on the shoulder of the road. There is a fence around the pond.
The area is peaceful and has a nice array of birds- Spotted Sandpiper,
several swallow species, a couple of Wood Duck families, and a lower pond
overflow area that would be good for rails I would think.
Fawn in Riverside