Date: 7/13/22 6:33 am
From: Sandy Berger <sndbrgr...>
Subject: PUMAs at Sunnymede
Purple Martins have started early staging along the Arkansas River here in
Fort Smith. I counted 75 at Sunnymede Park this morning. It was 6:15. Most
of them were sitting on wires preening. I think they just woke up.
Sadly, for the first time ever, I saw a male House Sparrow sitting and
chirping on a bluebird box. I went to investigate and sure enough found two
dead baby Tree Swallows. The parents had been feeding them last week. HOSPs
are a rarity in the park. I hope this doesn’t turn into a new thing.

Sandy B

or click the following link: