Date: 7/13/22 5:35 am
From: Harriet Jansma <hjansma...>
Subject: not rare, but fun to observe
House Finches show up early and late at our bird bath. Last evening a female swooped in to compete with a Catbird, sipping for several minutes until the Catbird flapped to send her away. The finches often sip in small groups and stay and chat.

After the Catbird sent the Finch away, a squirrel did the same to the Catbird. Water is scarce up on our hill, and we must fill the basin every morning ahead of the high evaporation rate of our very hot July days. We all want and need rain.

Harriet Jansma
south slope of Mount Sequoyah, Fayetteville

or click the following link: