Date: 7/11/22 9:15 pm
From: Ellynne Rey via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Re: Norwalk River Esplanade
I recently had cause to be at a park near Wilton Center that was on part of
the Norwalk River Trail but further northwest than the Esplanade. There
were signs about the project you mentioned and a guy told me they plan on
getting rid of a dam so trout can spawn (his words) and expand the trail
all the way to Danbury, eventually. It looked like an amazing spot for
birds. Lots of tall trees, scrub, bushes, rocks/boulders, and the river. In
fact, I heard quite a variety of bird songs in the area that I walked. Lots
of joggers, bikes, and people with dogs, too, and quite a few of them
unleashed. I wondered if all the big plans will improve the area. It’s all
part of the same effort to improve the Norwalk River Trail. Guess we will
see. Maybe someone else knows more about the project.

Ellynne Rey
(Stamford)
<ellynnerey...>