Date: 7/10/22 6:04 pm
From: Michael May <2y2m2u...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] Northern Bobwhite, Big Creek SPuark, Polk Co. July 9, 2022.
Around June 5th, I was visiting friends north of Marshalltown (just south
of Green Mountain, on Garwin Road) & one small round brownish bird was in
the grass on the shoulder of the black top. Definitely not a female
pheasant, & I'd never seen a bobwhite--only heard them, 50+ years ago as a
kid on Dad's farm & timber 7 miles south of Marshalltown.
Back when dinosaurs roamed, sigh...

--Kristy May, Kingsley