Date: 11/25/21 10:49 am
Subject: Re: Apparent Hammond’s Flycatcher in SC
Harry,

Thanks for posting this. First clues it might be a Hammonds came with the first photos yesterday. People not on Facebook can see photos of the bird on my ebird list here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ebird.org/checklist/S98023066__;!!OToaGQ!6rEl1oLOD9rVTn5G94ebT_SUWu2SKJbmAtuPRTvhtn-7vsoR1B7DZyIGAxyOa774LdE$

On Nov 25, 2021, at 1:33 PM, Harry LeGrand <carolinabirds...><mailto:<carolinabirds...>> wrote:

I’m looking at Facebook Carolina Rare Birds, and Chris Hill recently posted a bunch of photos taken yesterday I think, of a silent Empidonax at Lake Busbee in Conway. Found by Steve and Barb Thomas and Paul Serridge.

You’ll need to see the Facebook group message and photos for more info. Surprised not to have seen any previous mention on this listserve, and as it has not had a name put on it, doesn’t show up on eBird rarity listing yet.

Harry LeGrand
Raleigh

PS -/ agree that the marks do look like a Hammonds to me as well. Especially having recently studied the numerous photos of the N.C. bird on the CBC PHoto Gallery.

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!