Date: 11/24/21 9:57 pm
From: Cameron Tescher <camerontescher...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] Golden-crowned Kinglet in Agoura Hills
Hi birders,

I just wanted to let you know that I found a Golden-crowned Kinglet in the Medea Creek riparian about a quarter mile north of the Laro Drive/ Shadycreek Drive intersection. Other than mentioning this locally rare bird, it is worth checking this area a bit as it has a lot of potential for hosting wintering vagrants (for example, Dan Cooper found a Northern Waterthrush around the spot in Fountainwood Drive last year). Much of the Conejo part in LA such as Agoura Hills deserves to be birded more as of any underbirded area and can lead to something great. Coordinates of the bird are at (34.1608316, -118.760693).

eBird checklist of list: https://ebird.org/checklist/S98014906

Good birding!

Cameron Tescher
Davis, CA