Date: 11/24/21 7:25 pm
From: Tommy Goodwin <tommy.j.goodwin.jr...>
Subject: Confluence CBC Date and Information
MO-B'sters,

I have been given the privilege of taking over the Confluence Christmas
Bird Count (CBC) from Randy Korotev this year. I am planning on keeping
the CBC as similar to the previous years as possible, so hopefully this is
a smooth and easy transition for everyone.

*The 2021-2022 Confluence** CBC will happen on Saturday, January 1, 2022*.
Please let me know if you are interested or would like to participate.

For those that are not familiar with CBCs, they consist of an attempt to
get a headcount on every (or as many as possible) bird within a 15-mile
radius of a set point every year and to compare the numbers/diversity of
those birds from one year to the next. The CBC program has existed since
the year 1900, and is one of the longest running avian data collection
efforts. The Confluence CBC is not very old, but it covers some of the best
birding areas in Missouri (i.e. Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary and
Columbia Bottoms Conservation Area).

CBCs are open to everyone, and even if you are new to birding, this is an
excellent way to get involved and find mentors to help you on your path to
becoming a better birder.

For additional information about the confluence CBC, please email me at:
<Tommy.J.Goodwin.Jr...>, and for more information about the overall
CBC program, please visit the following link: Audubon CBC Conservation
<https://www.audubon.org/conservation/join-christmas-bird-count>

Have a great Thanksgiving and hope to see you at a CBC this winter!

Tommy Goodwin
St. Charles, MO