Date: 11/24/21 4:41 pm
From: Elizabeth Medes <liz.medes...>
Subject: [IBLE] Peep ID
At the ponds on Van Deusen Road late today, north of Emmett, were two groups of sandpipers.  One group looked fairly certain to be Leasts - short droopy dark bill, pale legs, up on higher ground in the mudflats - very small in comparison to adjacent killdeer.  The other group, which I would have guessed any other time to be Westerns, had longer drooping bills, dark legs, and were wading at the water line.  I attach a photo.  Can't imagine Westerns being here this late?  Any tips would be helpful.

Liz Medes
Gem County