Date: 11/24/21 3:30 pm
From: Diane McCoy <dianemccoy10...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Merlin (pretty sure) and Thrush
Hi,
While walking my dog around our block this afternoon, chasing down and trying to get photo of a Yellow-rumped Warbler (blurry photo) with my little point and shot, heard a hawk. When spotted I am pretty sure it's a female/immature (prairie) Merlin, right?
Very cool if so. I was walking around Greer Road a little down from Embarcadero, Palo Alto. Never have seen one here. I am close to the bay lands.
Then, perching and flitting shyly around our front garden was a Hermit Thrush! So glad I had my little camera!

Thanks,
Diane McCoy

View/Reply Online (#25151): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/25151
-=-=-
Do not disclose information that identifies the location of nesting birds of any species, to minimize stress
on the nesting birds and the risk of vandalism or abuse.

SBB's Acceptable Use policy and other information: Birdwatching in Silicon Valley: https://siliconvalleybirding.org

-=-=-
Group Owner: southbaybirds+<owner...>

Join us on Facebook!