Date: 11/24/21 12:28 pm
From: Eve Meier <eve.m.meier...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Sunnyvale Baylands - Snow and Greater White-fronted Geese
Hi Everyone,

This morning Patricia Lynch and I birded Sunnyvale Baylands and Harvey
Marsh. Best birds atBaylands were 2 *Snow Geese* and 10 *Greater
White-fronted Geese *mixed in with all the Canada Geese. As previously
mentioned, the best bird at Harvey Marsh was the *Short-eared Owl* (life
bird for me, yay!). The bird was flying low over the marsh for a bit so we
were able to get nice views of the underside of its wings noting the dark
wing tips and the dark comma shape.

Baylands list: https://ebird.org/checklist/S98016589

Happy Birding
Eve Meier
San Jose

View/Reply Online (#25150): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/25150
-=-=-
Do not disclose information that identifies the location of nesting birds of any species, to minimize stress
on the nesting birds and the risk of vandalism or abuse.

SBB's Acceptable Use policy and other information: Birdwatching in Silicon Valley: https://siliconvalleybirding.org

-=-=-
Group Owner: southbaybirds+<owner...>

Join us on Facebook!