Date: 11/24/21 11:04 am
From: Rita Goranson <ritag...>
Subject: [ia-bird] gulls
I spent over an hour just now searching through all of the gulls at the
Mason City landfill, looking for the Glaucous Gulls that Betty Lucas and I
saw yesterday. I did not see them anywhere. There were an estimated three
thousand gulls, at least twelve were Herring Gulls, the rest Ring-billed
Gulls.

This is the time when the gulls relax in the field across from the landfill
and checking them out is so much easier than trying to pin down a flying
gull.

Yesterday, on top of the gulls at the landfill, there were another 2500 at
Clear Lake. However, there were few ducks and no loons.

Rita Goranson

Mason City