Date: 11/20/21 8:27 am
From: Carl Haynie <hayncarl...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Grackle
Louise,

There’s a boat ramp located at the end of the road. Stand high somewhere at
the base of that, look across the river to the veal fam. The grackle has
been found on top of the silo (I saw it there yesterday around 1:15). Check
also the rooftops of the buildings there. It sometimes travels with the
other blackbirds to and from the trees in the area including the tall
cottonwoods along the river. If you’re lucky, it and the blackbird flock
will visit the corn stubble field on the opposite side of Neal Rd from
where you’re standing. The majority of time, however, the grackle feeds out
of sight among the veal pens for spilled grain, so patience is needed.

Good luck!

Carl