Date: 11/17/21 3:08 pm
From: Chuck Imbergamo <imbercj...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Re: Madison Towhee
I’m glad you brought that up Dave – I did take a close look to confirm that it is an Eastern Towhee vs. a Spotted, which I am always hoping for!

This evening he was still scratching around. Checking my eBird records, this bird is just a bit later than last year, which was much later than most years, except 2013. That was the most interesting Towhee – another male. I hosted him for most of the winter in 2013-2014. I only started using eBird regularly at the end of 2013, so I don’t know when it arrived, but it stayed from at least December 27th 2013 until February 13th 2014, when it disappeared after a snowstorm.

As I recall, Ben Propen hosted a female Towhee that same year for a similar period!

Chuck Imbergamo
CT Birds Moderator
Madison