Date: 11/17/21 7:48 am
From: Ellynne Rey <ellynnerey...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Re: Snowy owls: Is this an irruption year? (Slightly off-topic)
How amazing! I think it’s supposed to be an irruption year for snowies. I’m
not certain. Asturias is an incredible area. I was in Picos de Europa a few
years ago (and spots between there & San Sebastián). While I was not there
to view wildlife, I did notice incredible landscape that seemed good
habitat for many kinds of birds of prey (Asturias). It’s pretty incredible
how adventurous these young (assuming) snowy owls are. Perhaps weather
patterns shifted them towards Espana. It would be interesting to know where
else they’re being seen.

Ellynne Rey
(Stamford)