Date: 11/8/21 1:12 pm
From: Paul Plotnick <pdplot2...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Re: Bird Photograpy - A Polite Request
With today's long-reach lenses, there is no need to get any closer than 100
feet or even further. And I don't mean those monsters costing $15 thou
either. I have a 70-300 mm telephoto that digitally can go all the way out
to 1200 mm with a crop factor of 2X. It was less than $600.00. With 4x
in-camera image stabilization, you can get reasonably good shots without a
tripod. My problem is I'm almost 88 years old and "it's not the camera, man
- it's the cameraman."