Date: 11/8/21 12:19 pm
From: Ellynne Rey <ellynnerey...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Re: Bird Photograpy - A Polite Request
Yes to this.

I want to say that this is the first time in a few years of observing and
photographing snowies that I’ve consistently seen people behaving with
respect to this beautiful and special bird. I wasn’t there today. But 30
feet is way too close. There is never a need to be that near the bird, and
if you see people doing that please ask them to back off to give the animal
space.

There is no way a snowy will not be an attention getter. However, the more
people help out by reminding them of protocols the better.

I went to photograph harriers Sunday and of course observed the owl. I saw
respectful unobtrusive behavior the time I was there. I hope DEEP does
monitor, or at least a volunteer group with species & etiquette knowledge.
I’d volunteer if there were a group created and available to be trained.

Ellynne Rey
(Stamford)