Date: 11/8/21 11:54 am
From: Chuck Imbergamo <imbercj...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Re: Bird Photograpy - A Polite Request
Hi Charlie – that is a fair question and I don’t think anyone knows the answer. What I hope we can all agree on is that people pressuring a bird by getting too close is not what we want.

A week ago I asked that people refrain from posting on this board when a bird might be accessible, and happily that has not happened since with this bird. But I’m sure photos of it are on many social media forums by now. The problem as I see it is that there are those who will upset or flush a bird because they don’t understand birds well enough, and they can’t read the agitated behavior.

It’s a good thing that owls are not bears!

I am all for access to see great birds, but we have to find a balance, tipped in favor of the birds.

As an aside to all: Charlie is the #1 birder in the United States. I hope he is not offended by the comments of #7,559…!!

Chuck Imbergamo
CT Birds Moderator
Madison