Date: 11/4/21 4:25 pm
From: Chris Loscalzo <closcalz...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Old Saybrook/Westbrook highlights
We had the day off from work today and went birding at several locations in Old Saybrook and then did two 1-hour surveys for the early winter portion of the CT Bird Atlas in Westbrook. We saw several good birds, highlighting what a fun time of year this is to go birding (as if any time of year isn’t). The best bird of the day was a second-year GOLDEN EAGLE that we observed migrating south with two Bald Eagles, as they flew over the Salt Meadow Unit in Westbrook. Other sightings, that fall into the category of late lingerers, were a Semipalmated Plover along the beach in Westbrook, Snowy Egret, and Osprey. Early arrivals included Bufflehead and Ruddy Duck in South Cove in Old Saybrook and Surf and Black Scoter in Westbrook. We were pleased to see several Northern Gannets flying over LI Sound from the Cornfield Point Viewing area in Old Saybrook. We look forward to going out again soon!

Chris Loscalzo and Marianne Vahey,
Woodbridge

Sent from Mail for Windows