Date: 11/2/21 7:15 pm
From: Patti Loesche <patti.loesche...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] disposition of Renton burrowing owl
Jeff Brown, the wildlife naturalist at PAWS, told me today that PAWS Wildlife Center has received the burrowing owl. No necropsy will be done, but its tissue will be sent to a toxicology lab to screen for rodenticides. This is part of a multiyear study of rodenticides in raptors <https://urbanraptorconservancy.org/research/rodenticides-in-raptors-project/> that we (Urban Raptor Conservancy) have been doing.

I believe that Jeff has arranged for the burrowing owl to go to the Burke Museum after that. We won’t know the toxicology results for a couple of months.

Patti Loesche
Seattle
Urban Raptor Conservancy
https://urbanraptorconservancy.org/ <https://urbanraptorconservancy.org/>