Date: 11/2/21 4:37 pm
From: Leslie Flint <lflint...>
Subject: [SFBirds] San Mateo County Christmas Bird Counts
Hi Birders,

I’m writing to invite you to participate this year in either or both of San Mateo County’s CBCs

Crystal Springs CBC - Saturday, December 18, 2021
Ano Nuevo CBC - SUNDAY, January 2, 2022

All CBCs are a citizen-science endeavor with the primary goal of counting all individuals of each species of bird detected in a 10 miles diameter circle on a single day.

The Crystal Springs count circle stretches from the Bay to the Coast and from Burlingame in the north to Redwood City in the south. Ano Nuevo includes the coast and up to Sam McDonald Park and from a piece of Big Basin to San Gregorio Road. The counts include all types of habitats and terrain - some require lots of hiking, some cover areas with lots of redwoods but few birds, some mean you have to know your shorebirds well, some are flat, some strenuous, some urban, with most open space - there is something for everyone.

We need all levels of experience from beginners willing to be tabulators and spotters, to those of you with experience whether you have counted with us in the past or not. We are hoping that we will be able to relax the COVID restrictions of last year and are waiting for guidance from National Audubon. We will let you know!

We will soon have a signup form on the Sequoia website: www.sequoia-audubon.org <http://www.sequoia-audubon.org/>. However, if you have already contacted me, no need to sign up again. Check the website in the next few days.

If you want more information, please feel free to contact me directly.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Leslie Flint
San Mateo County CBC Coordinator