Date: 11/2/21 9:37 am
From: Evleen <evleensf...>
Subject: Re: [SFBirds] Strange SF day
Hi Rachel,
This is a belated and enduring reaction to the event you reported about the Lake Merced osprey. I’ve been obsessing on it - first because ospreys are my favorite raptors for their beauty and the fact that they dont prey on other birds - and second as to me this anomaly might be yet another alarming signal at things being out of wack with our environment - and its effects on all living things.
In an attempt at deciphering the osprey’s behavior that day, i came up with a possible reason: in its haste, might the osprey have acted as the duck was beneath the waterline, thinking it was a large fish?

Appreciate your thoughts about the matter.
Best,

Evleen